- To meet rising demand for digital services, TSB launches cutting-edge, streamlined onboarding journey for new customers
- Biometric technology from Onfido provides a secure and seamless verification process
- Customers can now open accounts and access mobile banking in just 10 minutes
As demand for digital services continues to surge, TSB has launched a new customer onboarding journey through the TSB Mobile Banking App, which will enable people to access a Spend & Save current account in just 10 minutes.
At the heart of the new onboarding journey are security, speed and convenience for customers. The launch follows a dramatic shift towards digital banking – as customer behaviour continues to evolve.
Currently, 90% percent of TSB’s servicing transactions and 75 percent of its sales are conducted digitally. Additionally, 80 percent of new customer sign ups at TSB happen via a mobile device as increasing numbers of customers bank digitally.
Most secure and seamless journey to date
TSB has partnered with Onfido, a leading global identity verification and authentication provider so TSB customers can sign up for a Spend and Save account simply by taking a photo of their identity document (ID) and a short video of their face.
Onfido’s award-winning technology first checks that the ID is genuine and then matches it to the user’s face using biometric technology. This ensures the ID is not fraudulent and that the person presenting the identity is its legitimate owner and is physically present – making it the most secure journey to date.
Customers can then start their digital journey anywhere, anytime, and gain access to all the benefits of the Spend & Save account.
The account is underpinned by TSB’s award-winning Fraud Refund Guarantee offering customers market-leading fraud protections.
New customers also benefit from a branch network with 220 TSB branches across the UK – as TSB combines cutting-edge technology and a digital focus with its high-street presence.
New features include:
- A 10-minute sign-up process
- Just eight scrolls on a mobile device, compared to the web journey of more than 60.
- 22 questions to open an account down from 49.
- Email and device verification for increased fraud protection
- Digital identity verification including biometric and document verification technology provided by Onfido
- Following sign-up, customers will have instant access to the TSB mobile banking app and their account details
- Greater accessibility: TSB worked with the Royal National Institute for the Blind to ensure greater accessibility features were at the heart of the design. As such, the new digital journey meets AA standards.
Kavin Mistry, Head of Digital, TSB, said:
“Demand for digital services is soaring, and we are proud to meet new customers’ needs with a convenient, secure and streamlined onboarding journey – with sign-up in just 10 minutes.
“Today's launch demonstrates our customer-focused digital offer that complements a modern branch network; offering customers the best in both digital and traditional banking.”
Dimitrie Dorgan, Senior Fraud Risk Manager, Onfido, said:
“Security and a smooth user experience are paramount for banks when it comes to building trust with their customers.
“With Onfido’s AI-powered technology, identity verification is streamlined for a user-friendly onboarding process while conducting strong fraud detection and mitigation in the background.
“We’re excited to be working with leading UK banks such as TSB to help them rapidly and securely evolve to meet their customers’ changing digital needs.”