Identity fraud insights
Get the latest identity fraud insights, trends and fraud prevention tips in our Identity Fraud Report 2023.
Today, we face a unique convergence of technological advancement, online services, and instantaneous digital access which is creating the perfect breeding ground for identity fraud. A reactive approach to identity fraud is only going to leave businesses vulnerable to monetary losses, reputational damage, and forever playing catch up to emerging fraudster techniques.
To help businesses be more proactive in their fight against identity fraud, we examined our own proprietary data to understand how fraudsters behave, the techniques they’re using, and what sort of attack patterns have emerged over the last year. This report collates those findings to help businesses stay one step ahead.
of document fraud
increase in attempted fraud
Identity fraud insights from the 2023 Identity Fraud Report
Identity fraud data and insights
- Average document and biometric fraud rates from last year
- When fraudsters are most active, from hour of the day, to day of the week, to week of the year
- Most frequently targeted documents
- Most frequently used phone manufacturers
- Average industry fraud rates
- Synthetic identity fraud and emerging document trends
- Repeat attacks and their link to fraud rings
- Bonus abuse and how to pre-empt it
How to deal with identity fraud
- Four tactics for identity fraud prevention
- Onfido’s approach to fraud detection
How to prevent identity fraud
- Reduce fraud losses
Protect your revenue by stopping more fraud at the door. Safeguard your systems and customer privacy, and maintain your brand integrity, all while growing your bottom line.
- Prevent fraud without adding friction
Identify fraudsters before they access services with passive signals that offer zero friction for genuine customers and build tailored onboarding flows based on individual customer risk profiles.
- Manage your risk
Accurate reporting helps you avoid penalties and fines by ensuring risk controls and audit trails.