Onfido, the global identity verification and authentication company, today announced that it has received the ‘Notable Vendor’ distinction for ‘Outstanding in Biometric Data Analysis’ in the KuppingerCole Market Compass for Providers of Verified Identity.
Onfido scored strong positive for product Security, Usability and Deployment, and scored positive for Interoperability and Market Standing based on evaluation criteria. KuppingerCole highlights several key Onfido strengths that influenced their review:
- Certified ISO 27001 and SOC 2 Type II compliant
- Accessibility SDKs and considerations for users with disabilities
- Strong go-to-market model using a partner ecosystem to introduce them to a specified geography or market
- Worked with the ICO in its Regulatory Sandbox on complaint handling of training data
- Cross-checks documents against proprietary compromised document database
- Onfido technology is integrated in many other identity verification solutions
“Onfido analyses biometric and liveness data with close attention to the trustworthiness of that data. Dedicated efforts with the UK’s ICO have worked to identify and reduce algorithmic racial bias. Artificial Intelligence (AI) models are used to detect face insertion, photo-of-a-photo detection, spoofing detection, video submission, and font anomalies,” said Anne Bailey in the KuppingerCole Market Compass for Providers of Verified Identity, 2021. “A dedicated team of AI developers maintain and improve on these capabilities.”
The KuppingerCole Market Compass provides an overview of the Providers of Verified Identity market, the trends that influence the market segment, the major use cases, and the essential capabilities required of solutions. KuppingerCole views identity verification as an enabler of future identity ecosystems that opens up new use cases for enterprises, such as remote onboarding for employees and partners, remote verification for Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and more.